Wednesday, May 21, 2008

What an awesome weekend ...

Hi all -

Well, I'm back from my weekend away at Warana with the Scrapchat forum girls, and I had an absolute blast!! There were 18 of us staying in this fantastic house right on the beach, and it was amazing to be able to see so many talented scrappers in action.

It was terrific to see Gypsy again - she sure knows how to organise a great weekend! - and I finally had the chance to meet Heids (Miss Cropalot), Chelle, ScrapManda, Peggy (Patriciasmum), Lexie, Lynnie, Binrow, DeeBeeGee, Scrapwitch, Webbgod, Tiddlypeep, jbsmum, luv2cr8, Kim1980, Frangipani, and KarenG. (I don't think I've missed anyone out ...)

Here's the group shot so you can see everyone's face :D


I even managed to get some scrapping done! Although as I didn't have everything from my stash at the ready, they are probably slightly different to how I would normally do my LOs, and I did have to finish them off once I got home ... but, I'm still happy with the end result!

I got to see Scrapwitch in action, and she gave us a great little demonstration of her painting techniques ... I really need to learn to love paint more :D

It was a shame Ali couldn't make it up in the end - was looking forward to meeting her too - but hopefully I'll be able to head up to QLD again next year for the May retreat, and hopefully Ali can come along to that one.

I'll post up pics of my LOs once I've had a chance to photgraph them!

Oh, and I noticed last night that I had ticked over the 1000-visitor mark on my blog - thanks to everyone who pops along and has a little read :D

Talk to you soon,
Ness.

3 comments:

ScrapManda said...

It was fabulous to meet you Ness and a pleasure to sit with you and scrap all weekend! Sorry I wasn't completely on top of my game - hope I didn't pass my 'bug' onto you!

Elizabeth said...

Glad you had a great time Ness. Can't wait to see the creations.

Tanyah Payne said...

AWWWW what a gorgeouse bunch of ladies! Was a top weekend for sure! and was a pleasure to meet you Ness.