Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Long time no blog ... and Happy Birthday to my future daughter-in-law!

Hello again -

Sorry it's been well over a week since my last blog post, but life just seems to get in the way sometimes!

I've been busy busy busy lately - not with anything in particular though, just generally busy.

On Friday night I caught up with my friend (and Stampin' Up! upline) Tanja, and her other downline Genna, and had a lovely night (well, night and morning, considering I didn't leave Genna's house until 2.00am!!) I didn't get a huge deal done though ... mostly chatted :) I did make a couple of cards and did some stamping to use on future cards, so all was not lost. Here's a nice simple male birthday card ....



We have just had a lovely weekend weather-wise here in Melbourne, so the boys and I (including the big boy!) got out into the garden on Saturday and tidied up the back yard - all the trees had become a bit overgrown since we've moved in, so we've chopped off a few branches, and pulled out a few shrubs that hadn't survived the drier conditions, and it looks soooo much tidier in our yard now. Nick even got the mower and whippersnipper out - I don't think the neighbours knew what those strange sounds coming from over the fence were! The whippersnipper protested a bit initially, but eventually Nick got it started, and away he went. Anyway, the garden is looking great - he even got out and did the nature strip!

Then, on Saturday night, we had our friends Greg and Brooke over for dinner, and so I could show them the mock-ups of their invitations (I'm making their wedding invitations for them) - and I was very pleased to see that they liked what I had prepared. They have decided which one they want, and I'm now organising to order everything in, so I can get cracking. I'm doing 50 invitations, 50 RSVP cards, and 100 placecards - so I'm going to be a busy little bee in the near future. The design they've decided on is using a lot of Stampin' Up! stuff - and is basically a replica of the invitation in the current Idea Book & Catalogue (which is what Brooke had asked for) ... and I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

Sunday was a sensationally sunny day, so we got out early and went to a couple of nurseries, and bought a few little plants to re-stock our newly tidied garden beds, and then headed home to watch Bathurst. It was a good race, but it never seems to have quite the level of excitement if it's not raining LOL. There was a very good tussle for position in the closing laps though, which made for excellent viewing.

And then, before I knew it ... it was time to head back to work yesterday. Bleh. Didn't have a bad day at work at all, but after such a lovely weekend, it's always icky being stuck back in an office.

Today was the usual Tuesday thing - swimming lessons for Ashton, and then to the playcentre - but today we had the added bonus of it being Hannah's second birthday! We gave her a gorgeous little handbag and purse (what is it with little girls and handbags??), some necklaces and bangles, and a plush Elmo - and she looked so cute running around the playcentre with Elmo poking out of her brand new handbag :)

Well, my scrapping to-do list is again at monolithic proportions, so I'd best get my little kidlets into bed and get to work.

Hope everyone has had a good week so far, and I'll talk to you again soon.

No comments: