Sunday, November 2, 2008

Monthly sketch challenges and a mini-retreat!

Evening all ...

Wow - I can't believe it's November already ... or should that be Movember? I found out on Friday night that Nick's dad, who has a full beard and moustache, and has had a full beard and moustache for 43 years now, has been gathering sponsors, and is planning on shaving it all off for Movember! Good on you Laurie :)

And, of course, being November, it's now time for my next monthly card and layout sketch challenges at Scrapchat.

Here is this month's sketch, designed by Anna Bowkis, and taken from the PencilLines sketch blog.


And here is the sample layout that I prepared.



And here is the sketch for the card challenge - design is by Lucy Chesna, and is from her sketch blog My Sketch World.

And here is the sample card I prepared, using Stampin' Up! cardstock, stamps from the Priceless and Warm Words sets, and the double-stitched ribbon in Blue Bayou, as well as some fabbo SEI patterned paper.


And I also want to say a big thank you to Tanja, who invited me down to her place yesterday and overnight for a fabbo scrap session and 'mini-retreat'! Thanks Tan, I had a great time! It was lovely to catch up with you again and spend some time with your family - I really appreciate the invitation :D I churned out a few cards, so I'll work out how to resize things on this laptop, and upload a few pics for you at some stage soon.
Well, I hope everyone has had a lovely weekend, and I'll talk to you soon!
Ness.

No comments: