Thursday, February 12, 2009

My first CJ entry ...

Hello all ...

Having been in the duldrums since the events of Saturday, I decided to try and scrap myself out of 'the blues' ... so I have been creating things this week!

I have done my first ever CJ entry ... have always heard about CJs, but never really knew what was involved, and didn't really think I was of the standard to participate. But, this year, I've decided to throw caution to the wind, and am participating in the 2009 CJ at Scrapchat. This year's CJ is a little different - instead of everyone having to send around the whole album from participant to participant, we're actually making our pages, and just sending that page to the album's owner (saving heaps on postage!). I think that that is the reason why we have had such a huge response - there is about 20 people taking part in the CJ this year, and we are each doing 2 entries a month.

Here is the entry that I have done for Sandy - her theme is 'A few of my favourite things', and she had 10 topics for people to list. She also requested that Basic Grey Urban Prairie papers be used if at all possible. Thankfully I already had the matching brads as well! :)

Here is my sign-in card ...
And here is my left hand page ...


And here is my right hand page ...


I have chosen the theme 'Betcha didn't know ...' for my own CJ, but I'm yet to complete even my own entry *sighs* ... being away for most of December and January has put me behind a bit, but I'm working hard to try and catch up with everything.

Here is a pic of the card I made for Greg and Brooke's wedding ... I decided to go home between the ceremony and the reception, and whipped this little card up while I was there.


And here is a card I made for my Dad's cousin's 70th birthday. My dad has decided that, rather than going to shops and buying cards, he'll support me in my endeavours, and 'commission' me to make all the cards they need. They get cards that they really like, and I get my name out there a bit as well with all their friends etc. A very sweet gesture on his part ...

And now, I think it's time to put my littlest kidlet to bed for a rest, and I can get back to doing my first ever Book Of Me layout. The Scrapping Around forum is posting BOM topic suggestions each month, and I have decided to give this a go too. I will be scrapping these pages in 8.5 x 11 as well - something else I've never done before - just to try something a little different. Now, watch me struggle with trying to lay everything out on the different sized pages .... LOL.

Thankfully, we had a tear-free drop off at school this morning with Ashton - we had a little chat after his drop off on Tuesday, and determined that he's getting frightened with so many adults around. So, I suggested that we find his little friend Saskia from his class, and maybe he could stand with her in line, and then he wouldn't need to get frightened. He thought this was a great idea (he's besotted with her already ...), and it seemed to work a treat :)

Anyway, I hope you're all having a lovely Thursday, and I'll talk to you soon.

Ness.
xoxox

No comments: