Thursday, February 26, 2009

New papers to play with ...

Hello again -

I hope this week finds you all happy and well.

I made a trip to my local Scrap Shop the other day, prior to going to a new Melbourne crop with Kath, and bought some of the papers from the new Basic Grey ranges - Marrakech, Bittersweet and Porcelain. They're just lovely! I also got some of the papers from Ambrosia, Urban Prairie and Offbeat - Basic Grey really are pumping out some great stuff lately!

Here's a layout that I started at last weekend's crop, and then all my inspiration flew out the window, so I couldn't finish it off. I got to the stage where I was just shuffling paper around on the page, and Kath was laughing at me, so I put it aside and half-started something else.

I finally got around to working on it again last night - just love the Ambrosia range. I did start out loosely basing it on a Pagemaps sketch, as inspiration had failed me, but then fiddled with it more, and ended up with this :)


I hope to try and get another layout finished soon (maybe tonight??) that I started on the weekend ... but I'm still a bit stumped for a title. I just adore the photo of my two boys, and normally titles are not something that I struggle with, but I've got nothing yet for this one. Hopefully inspiration will strike for that one soon!

Melbourne's weather is not sounding too good for tomorrow, with high temperatures and high fire danger again, so for everyone's sake, I'm really hoping that we don't have any more fires break out ...

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend planned, and I'll talk to you soon.

Ness.
xoxo

1 comment:

Miriam's Blog said...

I am so with you on the BG papers, yum yum! I am such a fan or am I a scrap stalker??? of your LO's. I have said it before and will say it again, I love your style it really appeals to me as does your choice in colours. Everytime my mojo takes a hike I just visit your blog or gallery. Thank you for the inspiration I bow to you.
Mwah
Miriam.
xx