Thursday, May 19, 2011

Proud as punch ...

... of my biggest little man, Ashton.   He was selected to play his guitar as part of the music display for his school's open night last night, and he was an absolute star!

He had been practicing his song, over and over, and over again, for a couple of weeks now, and had it absolutely nailed.   He played "Oh When the Saints Go Marching In", accompanied by his teacher, Damon, and was given the honour of playing the final song for the night.   I was so nervous for him, I thought my heart was going to burst out of my chest it was beating so hard, but Ashton was as cool as a cucumber, and just sat there in front of the microphone (and the 40-odd people watching!), and played the song exactly as he had practiced.   No stage fright whatsoever!

And, what's more, he had such a rocking little rhythm going, with Damon on support, that the little kids sitting at the front were clapping along, and one even got up and danced!

I was beaming with pride at the end of his song ... so proud of my little man :)


Anyway, on another note - I treated myself to a new lens for my camera the other day, and I think it's going to be fun to play with!   I was driving down our street the other day, and drove past this amazing Japanese maple tree, so I just had to go home and grab my camera, and drive back and take some pictures - just love the autumnal colours in Melbourne at the moment ....



I'm very impressed with the clarity in the following pics - given that they're hand-held photos, AND using a lens that doesn't have Image Stabilisation - when I zoom right in, there's so much detail in the veins in the leaves!  The little bit of lens flare was intentional by the way ...

I can't decide whether I prefer the darker or lighter pic ...



Anyway, I think that's all for me for tonight - might go put the electric blanket on and curl up with my book for a while.

Hope you've all had a good week so far - I'm going to get the chance to (hopefully) do a bit of crafting in the next week or so, so I may well have some new pics to show you soon.

Talk to you soon,
Ness.
xoxo

No comments: