Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Happy birthday to Ashton!

Hello all ... well, today is my biggest little man's 5th birthday - Happy Birthday Ashton!! - and I've been feeling slightly melancholy today - where have the last 5 years gone? It's been awesome watching him grow into the very special little man that he is, but time has just gone by way too fast.

We had a lovely day today - the usualy swimming lessons then the playcentre, and we had both sets of grandparents over for his birthday dinner tonight. And, because it was his birthday, Ashton was of course allowed to choose what he had for dinner - and he chose ROAST. Yummo!!

He got some great presents, including the school bag for when he starts primary school next year, the logo on which he recognised instantly (I have NO idea how!), an art set, Mr Men books, a telescope ... you get the idea. And, we're having his first official birthday party for him on Saturday (where children OTHER than just Emily and Thomas have been invited LOL), and we're going bowling -he's very much looking forward to it, as are all of the parents I think! Lucky I've hired the lane next to us as well, so the parents can have a game too :)

I managed to complete my LO for the first week of the Project Scrapaway challenge at Scrapchat too (see first pic) - and I'm happy with the result! Week 2's challenge sounds fantastic too, but time might just get away from me this week I think ... I'll do my best to get a LO done though!


I've recently become a bit addicted to Stampin' Up products - I bought a couple more stamp sets a couple of weeks back, and I think I really need to buy even more still! I have made a couple of cards in the last day or so (the last one being a pretty close copy to one of the samples in the current Ideas Book), and I do just love the Stampin' Up products.

Here's the card I made for Ashton's 5th birthday ...


And here's an 'elegant' card I did for a challenge on my friend Tan's website Compulsive Scrapbooker ...

And here is my very close interpretation (read: almost exact replica!) of a card from the current Stampin' Up Idea book and catalogue.


And finally, here is the LO that I created as one of the Guest DT's for September for Scrap 'n' Craft with 'T'. I'm really happy with how this one turned out :)


Well, I hope everyone has had a lovely week so far! Thanks for looking, and I'll no doubt talk to you soon.

Cheers,
Ness.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Ness,

I'd like to invite your participation in a new website - scrapbookhub.com.au which is launching very soon. I don't have an email address for you to give you further information, I'd love you to contact me so I can let you know what's going on!

Thanks heaps, Annie Hilliar

Michelle Jamieson said...

Happy Birthday, Ashton!
I hope you have a fun time bowling!

Beautiful layouts and cards, Ness!

Chelle Xx

Cecilia Archer said...

Love that LO Ness,
your a very talented girl,
will get to know you more as we both are part of Claire's 'Art with heart' group.
ceals